Energy Performance Certificate

What is it?

All domestic properties offered for rental require an Energy Performance Certificate with a rating of E or above. (New legisaltion from 1st April 2018)

The Energy Performance Certificate ( EPC ) gives prospective tenants information on the energy efficiency of the property.  It gives a property a standard energy and carbon emission efficiency grade from A - G.

Must I have one?

The full EPC must be made available  free of charge, to any prospective tenant from 1st October 2008. Once you have an EPC it will be valid for ten years, however if you choose to upgrade your property with double-glazing, heating systems or insulations, you will need to have a new EPC done if you want it to show the improvements.

Who can issue them?

An accredited Domestic Energy Assessor can issue them after a survey has been carried out on the property. The information gained from the property is then processed to produce the EPC.

How much do they cost? uk  has negotiated competitive rates for all of our services.



Client Testimonials

"I am genuinely impressed with the efficiency and style of service which Sarah and her colleagues of Abiggerfish provide. I unhesitatingly recommend them" - Keith Tierney, Cowes


01983 299 828

Office Hours

Monday to Friday
9.00am to 5.00pm
(leave a message for callback 24hrs)


Registered Office

14A Bayview Road,
Isle of Wight
PO31 8JF